Created by local philanthropist and all around cool chick Emily Teng (who counts radio presenter, event host, vocal talent, producer, DJ and fitness trainer in her repertoire of jobs), Blessings in A Bag is run by volunteer youths who collect excess but essential supplies from homes and corporations around Singapore and repackage them into “blessing bags” to be distributed to underprivileged children around South East Asia. From clothing and stationary to toys and hygiene supplies, Blessings In a Bag lovingly pack and fly over 150,000 bags across Asia for kids and communities in need.
So, where do you come in? Well, it’s time to open your wallets for a good cause and take part in their fantastic online auction. Running till 11:59pm on 21 September, Blessings In a Bag are offering 12 amazing travel experiences for you to bid on. Fancy a 5-night stay at Shiki Niseko with a dinner at Michelin-starred Kamimura? Or perhaps a romantic hot-air balloon ride over Bagan with a champagne breakfast? Well then, you better get bidding girls, before we beat you to it!
70% of the proceeds raised by the auction will go directly to Blessings In a Bag and the remaining 30% will be donated to Liter Of Light, a Phillipines-based company that provides eco-friendly, solar-powered bottle lights to families who live without electricity. 100% of the money raised will be used for good around the region so let’s get together and support this wonderful cause together!