We all know that shopping online is your first port of call if you’re looking to snap up the best bargains. However, with so many different methods and services available to get great deals, it can be hard to even know where to start!
Here’s a list of our go-to golden rules to follow when looking to saving money on your shopping cart. Follow these, and you’ll be working the online shopping world like a pro!
- Sign up to newsletters of your favourite online stores: If you’re on a store’s mailing list, you’re considered a priority customer. This means you’ll always be first to know about sales, VIP special events or exclusive discounts.
- Bookmark a couponing site: Discount codes tend to have a limited time span (which makes it all the more rewarding when you catch it in time!). The best way to ensure you keep up to date with all the best codes as soon as they’re available online is by bookmarking the homepage of a reputable coupon code provider such as Flipit, and checking back daily to see which new codes are hot off the press.
- Shop price comparison sites and cashback services: Shopping around at various stores in person to find the cheapest price can be an exhausting and time-consuming task. However, with price comparison sites such as Shopbot you can shop around the entire web just from one website, and cashback services like Shopback allow you to earn cash back while you shop!
- Try emailing or calling the retailer and asking for free shipping: This might seem a bit extreme, but think of it this way: if you don’t ask, you don’t get! Try emailing customer service and asking (nicely of course!) if there’s a way of receiving free shipping, or arranging a click and collect option where you can pick up your purchase in stores for free.
- Shop during discount holidays: There are loads of shopping holidays around the world, and the beauty of shopping online is that you can participate in all holidays around the world, no matter where you are! Holidays to note are Black Friday (27/11), Cyber Monday (30/11), Singles Day (11/11), and the Great Online Shopping Festival (12/12).