Here are some fun ideas for you when the lights go out on Earth Hour.
As responsible and good inhabitants on Earth, we should protect and love the the planet we live in. A small step from one individual goes a really long way and if we can contribute to making the world a better place to live in we should do it! Every year on a dedicated day for 60 minutes, 7,000 cities and towns worldwide turn off their non-essential lights as a symbol of their commitment to the planet. This year, Earth Hour falls on Saturday, 19 March from 8.30pm to 9.30pm and we urge all you Sassy Girls to get in on the action! Turn off the lights and switch on the fun at home or outdoors. We’ve put together a list of things you can do in the dark. If you love the Earth just as much as we do, we urge you to turn off the lights!
Alternatively, if you’d like to spend a day out with the family, The WWF in Singapore is hosting a concert at the Float@Marina Bay featuring some of our local best bands and club DJs. Admire the view from the floating platform as Singapore’s famous buildings switch off their lights in support, too! (Admission is free)
1. Take a nap! It’s a good time to catch a good snooze and because it’s dark, no one will notice.
2. Curl up in bed with a good book.
3. Try candle-lit yoga or exercise! Since the WWF’s Earth Hour is all about appreciating the world we live in, use this time to pursue a sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
4. Take an evening stroll around the City Hall area to see which buildings switched off the lights to show support and hit up the carnival at Float@Marina Bay.
5. Pretend your torch is a lightsaber and ‘use the force’. Have a lightsaber battle with the family!
6. Since the lights are out, finish up all that ice-cream in the fridge. No one will judge!
7. Go for a ghost walk in one of the many haunted spots in Singapore.
8. Listen to an Earth Hour-themed Spotify playlist and watch the night sky glow.
9. Organise a potluck session and have a candlelit dinner with your significant other or friends.
10. Make some cocktails or have a wine tasting night
Break out the glow sticks and neon clothes and have a mini-rave