Let’s face it – that money spent on printed paper could really be spent on a snazzy pair of shoes that will last beyond the wedding. So, whether you’ve left invites as an after thought and have very little of your wedding budget left, or you just want to save more cash, here’s our roundup of cheap wedding invites – both printable for those who have nifty DIYing fingers, and ones that are already printed – that will make sure you have dough left over for your honeymoon.
Printing your own wedding cards will take a little trial-and-error and a lot of cursing. When it comes to printing our own invites, keep it as simple and stress-free you as possible – if you have inserts, just direct your guests to a website. We’ve got everything from simple, free downloadable invites to ones that let you have a cohesive theme throughout your wedding stationery.
- Art Deco Printable Wedding Set ($209.12) may seem like a bit excessive at first, but the set includes a cohesive Gatsby style stationery that includes everything from invites to save-the-dates to menus and thank you cards.
- Chalkboard wedding invitation ($8.41), if used as is, will take up a lot of ink because of the chalkboard design. You can have the Etsy store owner swap the colours easily, or you can do it yourself with basic Photoshop skills.
- Gold wedding invitation (free!) lets you add a little bit of creativity into the mix. You can glue sequins to your printed wedding invites to add that little bit of pizzazz. Sequins are cheap, and they’re tamer than glitter, so go forth and get your glue on.
- Old Fashioned Typography Wedding Invitation ($18) keeps it simple for a vintage-feel wedding. Plus, it uses only one color ink, saving you money. Win-win, we say!
- Rustic look wedding invitation (free!) lets you put together your money-saving skills, with your DIY know-how. The step-by-step makes it easy to follow, but remember – you can always use what you already have lying around at home for bits and bobs of your invite. You don’t have to go out and buy lace, for example, just use the jute twine you have from your DIY project two years ago!
Printed & Ready
These invites are cheaper (and some, cheaper the more you purchase) but all the work is done for you. You don’t have to bother with printing or figuring out what card stock you should get at the supply store.
- Soda Pop Wedding Invitations ($2.80 per card, for a minimum of 50 pieces) lets you channel a little vintage chic. It’s understated, with just the right about of personality. Wouldn’t it be cute if you served sodas in vintage-inspired bottles at the wedding reception too?
- Laser Cut Wedding Invitation with White Hollow Flora (US$1.12 per card, for a minimum of 100 pieces) If you’re worried about Ali Express messing up your wedding invites, this one is blank, so all you have to do is print your details on paper of your choice and insert it. Looks quite fancy, no?
- Modern Blue Lotus Flower Wedding Invitation (US$1.75, for a minimum of 100 pieces) lets you tweak the design to your fancy, although that may cost you a little more.
- Winsome Blooms Wedding Invitations (US$2.29, for a minimum of 100 pieces) These foil-stamped cards let you feel a bit fancy without digging into your margarita bar fund.
- Vintage Boarding Pass Wedding Invitation (US$1.79, for a minimum of 100 pieces) is super cute, especially if you’re having a destination wedding.
Lead image sourced via Pinterest